Saturday, May 1, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookies

I couldn't resist buying David Lebovitz's new cookbook, Room For Dessert, since I love both his blog and his ice cream cookbook, The Perfect Scoop. The first recipe I chose to try out was his chocolate chip cookie recipe... the internets tell me that it's as good as, if not better than the NY Times recipe from a couple years ago which is supposed to be "perfect." Both recipes recommend refrigerating the cookie dough for some time before baking the cookies.I made the cookies for a par-tay we had at the house, and didn't get a chance to taste the finished product before they were all gone (snagged by beer drinkers with the munchies), but I can say that after trying some of the dough as I mixed it up, if the finished cookies are half that good, they rock. The dough was super chunky and the toasted nuts (I used half walnuts, half pecans) gave it a rich flavor.
Can't wait to try some of the other recipes from Room for Dessert!